Not just a treat for yourself, but also a treatment…
While many people turn to massage therapy as a way to pamper themselves or relax tired muscles, they quickly realize its many therapeutic benefits as well.
Massage therapy is one of the most effective, safe, and natural ways to treat a range of physical and mental ailments. Whether you are coping with nerve or muscle pain, headaches, anxiety, digestive disorders, or chronic conditions like fibromyalgia, massage therapy may bring you relief.
At Turning Point Wellness Center, we have a team of independent massage therapists who offer their services at our Waterloo location. You can choose from many options. Each therapist has their specific strengths, and it is important to find the type of massage therapy that will most benefit you.
We encourage you to contact any of our partnering therapists to determine the best fit for your healthcare needs.
*Note: please contact a therapist to confirm their specific availability for any of these services.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage can be an important part of an integrative approach to health and wellness.
Years of research support massage therapy for many health treatments.
Studies suggest massage may also be helpful for:
- Relieve stress
- Relieve postoperative pain
- Reduce anxiety
- Manage low-back pain
- Help fibromyalgia pain
- Reduce muscle tension
- Enhance exercise performance
- Relieve tension headaches
- Sleep better
- Ease symptoms of depression
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Reduce pain of osteoarthritis
- Decrease stress in cancer patients
- Improve balance in older adults
- Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Temper effects of dementia
- Promote relaxation
- Lower blood pressure
- Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Help chronic neck pain
- Lower joint replacement pain
- Increase range of motion
- Decrease migraine frequency
- Improve quality of life in hospice care
- Reduce chemotherapy-related nausea
Source: American Massage Therapy Association